Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In The Swing of Things...

Well, both Kaye and Sam made it through their first week of school. Sam is doing fairly well adjusting to Kindergarten. He is really thriving off of having a set schedule once again! He did have a minor scuffle with another little boy on Monday, but according to his teacher, it is pretty typical ~ among both the boys and the girls.

Kaye has had her first clarinet lesson and is actually doing pretty good. She has band on Tuesdays (and maybe Wednesdays), so she came home and practiced for us. I was impressed with how well she's doing after only one lesson! She's really enjoying it (so far) and said that she wants to continue band and playing the clarinet through high school. Kevin and I are okay with that!

I have to admit that I have gotten more done now that Kaye and Sam are back in school than I did all of summer with them home! I've been going through closets, cleaning out the basement, going through toys, etc.

No comments: